I came down to see everyone at the Porthcawl Foodbank this week with a donation I had earned from completing parliamentary questionnaires.
Although I called at the Porthcawl Foodbank the money is shared out to buy food and household necessities for all of the foodbank centres across the constituency. With Christmas only four weeks away any questionnaires I complete I am donating the monies to the foodbank to help over the coming winter period.
One of the main reasons for referrals to the foodbank are Benefit Delays, and as we approach the winter months people are struggling with high energy bills and often faced with a choice of eating or heating.
If you are in need of Food vouchers they are issued by care professionals such as health visitors, social workers, domestic violence charities, CAB, Wallich and Job Centre Plus who will identify those in crisis. These food vouchers can be exchanged for 3 days emergency food supplies.
The Foodbank has eight centres where food can be collected, they are:
- Bridgend Centre: 79A Nolton St, Bridgend, CF31 3AA . Open Mondays, Tuesdays 10:00am - 14:00pm; Friday 11:00am-14:00pm
- Cornelly Centre: Cornelly Community Church, 5 Greenfield Terrace, Cornelly, CF33 4LW. Open Thursdays 13:00pm - 15:00pm
- Bettws Centre: Saint David’s Church, Bettws Road, Bettws, CF32 8UE. Open Wednesdays 09:00am-11:00am
- Porthcawl Centre: Griffin Park Community Centre, Griffin Park, Porthcawl. Open Tuesday and Friday 10:00am -12:00 noon
- Pontycymmer Centre: Tabernacle Chapel, Meadow St., Pontycymmer, CF32 8HG. Open Friday 11:00am -14:00pm
- Maesteg Centre: Penuel Evangelical Church, Station St., Maesteg, CF34 9AL. Open Friday 11:00am -15:00pm
- Caerau Centre: Noddfa Community Centre, Caerau Rd., Caerau, CF34 0PB. Tel. 07816 534413 Open Tuesdays 10:00-12:00
- Aberkenfig Centre: The Storehouse, Aberkenfig Bible Church, Pandy Rd. Aberkenfig, CF32 9PP. Open Thursday 10:00-12:00
If you can help with donating food or volunteering please contact them at 79 Nolton Street, Bridgend CF31 3AA– Telephone 01656 858713 firstname.lastname@example.org